Terms and Conditions for using the Development in Practice website
Development in Practice (DIP) is owned by and accountable to Oxfam GB. Oxfam GB is a limited company, registered in London, No 612172, Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Oxford OX4 2JY, UK. Registered Charity No 202918.
In this document, ‘we’ includes DIP and/or Oxfam GB.
Use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Oxfam GB or DIP are provided ‘as is’ without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will we be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. This website has been created under a Creative Commons license. Unless material is indicated as copyrighted, in which case the terms of the copyright prevail, the following restrictions apply: Attribution - You must give the original author credit. Non-Commercial - You may not use this work for commercial purposes. No Derivative Works - You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
7. We take no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and we have no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that we approve of or endorse any third-party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products, or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
1. All posts should relate directly to the discussion topic.
2. Be considerate of other participants’ access to and enjoyment of the post. You may post in English, French, Portuguese, or Spanish but we do not undertake to translate posts. Write clearly and do not use jargon, slang, or shorthand; explain technical terms.
3. Do not use profanities or other words (including shorthand or substitutions) that might offend others.
4. Do not post any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, blasphemous, or otherwise unlawful or illegal. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation.
5. Do not post anything that is or may be contempt of court (anything that risks prejudicing ongoing or forthcoming court proceedings) and avoid breaking any known court injunction.
6. Do not submit anything that may infringe another's rights, including intellectual property rights. You can use limited quotes from published sources as long as these are referenced clearly.
7. Do not incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
8. Do not post personal attacks on other participants.
9. Do not submit questions or comments of a personal nature to our bloggers, debaters, or interviewees. We will consider these off topic and will not include them.
10. Do not impersonate other participants or public figures.
11. Do not create multiple user identities for the purpose of abusing the services of this site or the experience of other users.
12. No personal information please. It is not acceptable to publicise your or anyone else’s contact details. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service.
13. No spamming or flooding.
14. We reserve the right to terminate lengthy and involved discussions if we feel that this is having a negative impact on other participants' experience on the site.
15. We reserve the right to post a representative comment or question if we have received a number of a similar nature.
16. We reserve the right to edit comments for length.
17. We reserve the right to close comments on a post, and we may delete comments already posted if they are unrelated to the topic, to reduce the size of the page for other users.
18. On submitting content or comment, you warrant to us that your submission is your own original work and you acknowledge that any breach of this warranty may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third-party liabilities, claims, costs, loss, or damage we incur as a result of including material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
19. No advertising or marketing or any kind, or posting of web links (URLs). If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion, please inform our moderator via the Contact Us link.
20. Do not respond to posts in order to make general remarks or ask a general question about DIP. Instead use our Contact Us link or explore the website further.
Last updated: 29 September 2006