Narrow down by keywords: North America
- Visions of Solidarity: US Peace Activists in Nicaragua from War to Women’s Activism and Globalization
Author: Weber, Clare Publisher: Lexington Books, 2006, ISBN: 978-0-7391-1718-7 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-05 18:58
- Social Network Analysis to evaluate organisational networks on sexual health and rights
There are many challenges in evaluating international networks. The use of conventional tools can be difficult and often provides less than useful information. Social Network Analysis offers benefits for network evaluators by allowing for documentation ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2012-02-07 13:13
- The Participatory Change Process: a capacity building model from a US NGO
This paper describes the Participatory Change Process (PCP), a model that promotes the formation and action of sustainable grassroots organisations in poor and marginalised communities, using participatory learning and action methods to provide people wit ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:03
- Troublesome Border (revised edition)
Author: MartÍnez, Oscar J. Publisher: Tucson, University of Arizona Press, 20 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:54
- Organising citizenship at Local 890's Citizenship Project: unleashing innovation through an affiliate organisation
This article considers the problems of organisational survival, innovation, and inter-organisational partnerships for unions and for immigrant community-based organisations. The analysis focuses on the Citizenship Project, a project for assisting and orga ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:01
- Editorial (22.1)
The world is standing at a major point in its history as I write, with European politicians still deliberating as to how a deepening of the international economic crisis will be averted or at least mitigated. The longer term implications for developing ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2012-02-27 17:47
- Embracing marginality: place-making vs development in Gardenton, Manitoba
Based on a two-year, multi-method study of ‘development’ in one small community in rural Manitoba, Canada, the article examines how the community and people’s reasons for living there have both changed and remained consistent since the beginning of the ar ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:07
- Intimate Enemies: Landowners, Power, and Violence in Chiapas
Author: Bobrow-Strain, Aaron Publisher: Durham, NC and London: Duke Universit ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-05 18:49
- Hearing silenced voices: developing community with an advisory committee
This article focuses on the challenge and effects of adhering to community participation as a principle of community development and the related issue of reflecting diverse representation in prevention and health promotion planning. As a requirement of fu ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:00
- Editorial (22.2)
Development in Practice prides itself in being one of the most international of development journals, based on both authorship and readership. To reinforce our commitment to this international participation we are pleased to announce that our editor ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2012-03-30 16:13