Narrow down by keywords: Globalisation, North America
- Corporate responsibility and the US-Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA): are they compatible?
The global garment-manufacturing industry will confront significant changes from 2005, when the system of quotas established under the Multi-Fibre Agreement comes to an end. These changes pose serious threats to jobs in the Central American assembly plant ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:50
- The development impact of remittances to Nicaragua
Global workers' remittances have grown noticeably in recent years. Remittances are now a key macroeconomic factor in many developing countries, representing an increasingly large percentage of total monetary inflows. For many developing countries, remitta ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:51
- The Dominican Republic and Central America Free Trade Agreement with the USA: some concerns
This article examines the role of free-trade agreements that integrate profoundly asymmetrical economies in simultaneously benefiting the more powerful nation and exacerbating inequalities within and between the countries involved. The latest in a serie ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:52
- Globalisation and homelessness in the USA: building a social movement to end poverty
The authors explore the deleterious effects of economic globalisation on people in the USA, and explain the rise of poor people's organisations as a response to these conditions. They look at the impact of economic changes in terms of public policy and ar ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:01
- Free Trade and Uneven Development: The North American Apparel Industry after NAFTA
Reviewed by Luz María de la Mora, Trade Representative of the Mexican Ministry of Economy at the EU, Brussels Author: Bair, Jennifer ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:02