Narrow down by keywords: Environment
- The Land Question in Zimbabwe
Author: Moyo, Sam Issue: Volume 6, Number 4 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 13:15
- Research that matters: outcome mapping for linking knowledge to poverty-reduction actions
An ‘Outcome Mapping’ approach was applied retrospectively to five diverse, highly collaborative research projects aimed at poverty reduction. Designed to help plan for, clarify, and document intended and actual changes in behaviour, actions, ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2010-11-09 12:33
- The Gene Traders: Security or profit in food production?
The author reports on a conference organised by Intermediate Technology and The New Economics Foundation held in London, England in April 1992. The conference was convened in response to concerns over the decrease in worldwide biodiversity, to examine the ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:53
- Stakeholders' perceptions within a farming systems aid project:
Communication among stakeholders within international aid projects has long been recognised as problematic. The authors interviewed five different stakeholders on a Chinese-Australian project to explore whether (a) stakeholders have exclusive worldviews; ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:06
- Carbon Trading: A Critical Conversation on Climate Change, Privatisation and Power
Author: Lohmann, Larry (ed.) Publisher: Development Dialogue, No. 48, Septembe ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:41
- African River Basins and Dryland Crises
Author: Darkoh, M.B.K. Issue: Volume 3, Numbe ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-07 13:27
- Genetically modified crops and the ‘food crisis’: discourse and material impacts
A surge of media reports and rhetorical claims depicted genetically modified (GM) crops as a solution to the ‘global food crisis’ manifested in the sudden spike in world food prices during 2007–08. Broad claims were made about the pote ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2011-08-15 16:19
- No more adoption rates! Looking for empowerment in agricultural development programmes
The debate on empowerment encompasses an older discourse about the intrinsic value of empowerment, and a newer discourse about the instrumental benefits of empowerment; the concept of agency is useful in understanding this distinction. In agricultural dev ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:00
- Agrarian reform: a continuing imperative or an anachronism?
Agrarian reform or land reform has virtually disappeared from the international development agenda since the 1980s. However, many people's organisations (POs) and NGOs in Third World countries are attempting to restore it as a development priority and pol ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:56
- Sustainable development and democracy in the megacities
Using Lima as an example, the author analyses the meaning of sustainable development and how grassroots community-based organisations can contribute to its achievement in megacities. Demands are today made of cities and countries of the South to develop i ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:07