Narrow down by keywords: Environment
- Complexities in natural-resource management: irrigation infrastructure in Bihar
All over Gaya District in Bihar, irrespective of a person's caste or economic status, irrigation is the overriding topic of concern on public platforms and in private conversations. In the absence of adequate government action, different kinds of commun ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:47
- Taking sustainability from policy to practice: bringing poverty concerns into the project cycle
The concept of sustainability has evolved and expanded to include more than just environmental issues. Development practitioners now address questions linking sustainability to population and, in particular, to poverty alleviation. Environmentally sustain ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:59
- On-farm testing and dissemination of agroforestry among slash-and-burn farmers in Nagaland, India
This paper describes the structure and impacts of a development project in Nagaland, India. The project was a large-scale experiment in participatory development that emphasised local technology based on farmer-led testing of agroforestry, where farmers t ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:08
- The Land Question in Zimbabwe
Author: Moyo, Sam Issue: Volume 6, Number 4 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 13:15
- Research that matters: outcome mapping for linking knowledge to poverty-reduction actions
An ‘Outcome Mapping’ approach was applied retrospectively to five diverse, highly collaborative research projects aimed at poverty reduction. Designed to help plan for, clarify, and document intended and actual changes in behaviour, actions, ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2010-11-09 12:33
- Changing civil society in Cambodia: in search of relevance
After decades of civil war and internal conflicts, Cambodia is on the path of democracy. The country, despite steady economic growth in the last decades, is facing challenges around poverty, exclusion, and inequality. The contributions of civil society ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2013-11-29 12:47
- The Gene Traders: Security or profit in food production?
The author reports on a conference organised by Intermediate Technology and The New Economics Foundation held in London, England in April 1992. The conference was convened in response to concerns over the decrease in worldwide biodiversity, to examine the ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:53
- Stakeholders' perceptions within a farming systems aid project:
Communication among stakeholders within international aid projects has long been recognised as problematic. The authors interviewed five different stakeholders on a Chinese-Australian project to explore whether (a) stakeholders have exclusive worldviews; ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:06
- Carbon Trading: A Critical Conversation on Climate Change, Privatisation and Power
Author: Lohmann, Larry (ed.) Publisher: Development Dialogue, No. 48, Septembe ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:41
- African River Basins and Dryland Crises
Author: Darkoh, M.B.K. Issue: Volume 3, Numbe ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-07 13:27