Narrow down by keywords: Environment
- Cities for Children: Children’s Rights, Poverty and Urban Management
Author: Bartlett, Sheridan Bartlett et al. (eds.) Issue: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-09 13:31
- Development and Cities
Edited by: Westendorff, David Edited by: Eade, Deborah ...
Book - anna - 2009-12-22 15:48
- The role of government and NGOs in slum development: the situation of Dhaka City
In recent years understanding of poverty and of ways in which people escape from or fall into poverty has become more holistic. This should improve the capabilities of policy analysts and others working to reduce poverty, but it also makes analysis more ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:52
- Environment, advocacy, and community participation: MOPAWI in Honduras
MOPAWI is an NGO in La Mosquitia, Honduras, working with indigenous communities in the region to create ecological sustainability and to strengthen technical knowledge and resource management. This paper presents the findings of research into how MOPAWI h ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:04
- Institutional evolution and the impact of training and communication in Joint Forest Management
In 1999, with a view to strengthening the JFM arrangement, the Gujarat State Forest Department, in collaboration with the Aga Khan Foundation, initiated a nodal agency called the JFM cell. Its mandate is to assist in strengthening and expanding JFM in Guj ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:09
- A Blighted Harvest
Author: Gibbon, Peter et al. Issue: Volume 4, ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:58
- The role of local institutions in sustainable watershed management: lessons from India
The implementation and effective management of watershed-development projects is recognised as a strategy for rural development throughout the developing world. Several government and non-government agencies have launched watershed-development projects ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2011-06-27 13:09
- Mangrove planting in Vietnam
In 1989, Save the Children Fund (UK) began an experimental project to plant mangroves along a coastal estuary in the Thach Ha district of Ha Tinh province in northern central Vietnam. It was designed and managed by the district forestry and water manageme ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:54
- Private-public partnership, the compact city, and social housing: best practice for whom?
The Casa Propia programme of the Buenos Aires City Government is an innovative case of public-private financing of social housing. It aims to encourage investors to build housing on private land for sale to low-income buyers receiving `soft' credits from ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:07
- Thirsty Planet: Strategies for Sustainable Water Management
Author: Hunt, Constance Elizabeth Publisher: London: Zed Books, 2003, ISBN: 1 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:49