Narrow down by keywords: Environment
- Environmental Screening of NGO Development Projects
Author: Maesson, Odilia et al. Issue: Volume ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:52
- Agro-food market policy and food security in South Africa
South Africa experienced two waves of rapid food inflation in 2001–02 and 2007–08. During both periods the surge in the cost of food undermined the food-security status of low-income families. Belated state reactions to the food-price crises ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2011-08-16 09:38
- Integrating participatory elements into conventional research projects: measuring the costs and benefits
Until recently, participatory and conventional approaches to agricultural research have been regarded as more or less antagonistic. This article presents evidence from three sub-projects of a Thai-Vietnamese-German collaborative research programme on 'Sus ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:00
- Integrating environmental assessment and socio-economic appraisal in the development process
The author reports on this conference, held in Bradford, England in May 1996. Consultants, planners, activists, geographers, ecologists, and economists attended, presenting papers on diverse topics but with the intention of understanding different methodo ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:57
- Sustainable urban development in India: an inclusive perspective
The mainstream debate on urban development looks either at urban development or sustainable cities, and tends to miss out on people-centred approaches to development. The former addresses the issues of economic growth, whereas the latter that of environme ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:07
- The Water Manifesto: Arguments for a World Water Contract
Author: Petrella, Riccardo Publisher: London: Zed Books, 2001, ISBN: 85649 90 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:50
- Dictionary of Environment and Development: People, Places, Ideas, and Organisations
Author: Crump, Andy Issue: Volume 2, Number ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-07 09:13
- Cultivated, caught, and collected: defining culturally appropriate foods in Tallé, Niger
The indigenous plants and fish of Niger are incorporated into the Songhai people's daily life but are largely underemphasised in development programmes. In this paper we describe the culturally appropriate foods of Tallé, Niger. Based on informat ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2013-04-30 12:03
- Learning from experience in urban programming: the case of SHAHAR Project in Bangladesh
The article offers a reflective analysis of various problems encountered and lessons learned in implementing a programme to improve the livelihood security of the urban poor in Bangladesh. The study is based on the author’s involvement as an exter ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:51
- Risk Reduction and Society in the Twenty-first Century
This Conference Report presents the recommendations taken from a Summary Report of the South Asian Agenda Regional Meeting for South Asia, held in New Delhi, India in 1999. The event was convened by the Disaster Mitigation Institute (DMI) and supported by ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:03