Narrow down by keywords: East Asia
- Agrarian reform: a continuing imperative or an anachronism?
Agrarian reform or land reform has virtually disappeared from the international development agenda since the 1980s. However, many people's organisations (POs) and NGOs in Third World countries are attempting to restore it as a development priority and pol ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:56
- El Niño: An adaptive response to build social and ecological resilience
Experience from adaptive and community-based resource management suggests that building resilience into both human and ecological systems is an effective way to cope with environmental change. El Niño phenomena are increasingly signaled in advanc ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-12-10 10:38
- Social Network Analysis to evaluate organisational networks on sexual health and rights
There are many challenges in evaluating international networks. The use of conventional tools can be difficult and often provides less than useful information. Social Network Analysis offers benefits for network evaluators by allowing for documentation ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2012-02-07 13:13
- Community participation in local governance in Cambodia: learning from the village networks approach
Cambodia has embarked on a process of decentralisation and democratisation, including the establishment of elected Commune Councils in early 2002. Given the lack of a tradition of encouraging civic participation in public affairs, however, there was initi ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:05
- Women and Migration in Asia: Migrant Women and Work, Volume 4
Author: Agrawal, Anuja (ed.) Publisher: Sage Publications, India, 2006, ISBN: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-07 09:21
- Establishing cooperatives for effective community development in rural China
The article presents the results of participatory monitoring and evaluation of projects which aimed to aid the establishment and development of 24 modern rural cooperatives in Shandan County, Gansu Province, China. The evaluation was designed to assess ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2012-11-27 12:50