Narrow down by keywords: Rights
- A New Weave of Power, People & Politics: The action Guide for Advocacy and Citizen Participation
Author: VeneKlasen, Lisa with Valerie Miller Publisher: Oklahoma City, OK: Wor ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:49
- The Struggle for Accountability: The World Bank, NGOs and Popular Movements
Author: Fox, Jonathan and L. David Brown (eds.) Issue: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-10 09:08
- Reproductive Health Matters
Author: Berer, Marge Issue: Volume 4, Number ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-08 08:53
- A new Fair Trade registration scheme based on the relations of production
Fashion, accessories, and homeware fall outside the regulations of Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International (FLO), which certifies mostly food products. A handful of fashion-led Fair Trade enterprises are now providing ranges of high-quality desi ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2011-06-22 14:37
- Organising citizenship at Local 890's Citizenship Project: unleashing innovation through an affiliate organisation
This article considers the problems of organisational survival, innovation, and inter-organisational partnerships for unions and for immigrant community-based organisations. The analysis focuses on the Citizenship Project, a project for assisting and orga ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:01
- Women, resistance and development: a case study of Dangs, India
Studies on resistance often overlook its gendered nature. This article looks at everyday resistance put up by village women against the Forest Department in Western India, within a historical context. It then examines recent attempts at organised resistan ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:53
- Tensions in the psychosocial discourse: implications for the planning of interventions with war-affected populations
Fundamental conceptual tensions underlie current debates regarding the implementation of psychosocial interventions with war-affected populations. Three particular tensions structuring current discourse concern the generalisability versus uniqueness of re ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:58
- Citizenship: a perverse confluence
This article discusses the different meanings that citizenship has assumed in Latin America in the past few decades. Its main argument is that, in the perverse confluence between neo-liberal and democratic participatory projects, the common reference to c ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:05
- Relations between NGOs and trade unions: the case of Ukraine
This article describes the legal frameworks governing trade unions and NGOs in Ukraine, with the latter defined very much as organisations working for the benefit of their members and other citizens sharing the same interests rather than as philanthropic ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:11
- Reinventing Development? Translating Rights-Based Approaches from Theory to Practice
Author: Gready, Paul and Jonathan Ensor (eds.) Publisher: London and New York, ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:48