Narrow down by keywords: Conflict and reconstruction
- Children of war in the Philippines: introducing Creative Process Therapy into the work of the Children's Rehabilitation Center in Davao City
Political armed conflict has important ramifications in the lives of children as individuals and in terms of social development more generally. However, the emotional problems faced by children during and after war or political violence are rarely conside ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:54
- Analysis and advocacy on a European policy on conflict prevention: a viewpoint
The author identifies three key weaknesses in the debate leading up to establishing the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) for the European Union (EU). The process started in 1996 and a generally useful and relevant discussion has taken place betwe ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:59
- Development, Women and War: Resources
Page: 150 ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-10-01 10:06
- The State of the World’s Refugees 2000: Fifty Years of Humanitarian Action
Author: UNHCR Publisher: Oxford: OUP, 2000, ISBN: 0 19924 106 6, 340pp. ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:50
- Landmines: Legacy of Conflict -- A Manual for Development Workers
Author: McGrath, Rae Issue: Volume 4, Number ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 13:06
- Performance-based Partnership Agreements for the reconstruction of the health system in Afghanistan
Full-text sample article FREE from Taylor & Francis. The reconstruction of the health system in Afghanistan is in its early stages, and donors have proposed Performance-based Partnership Agreements (PPA) through which to subcontract the delivery of he ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:44
- Assisting survivors of war and atrocity: notes on `psycho-social' issues for NGO workers
NGOs are receiving and distributing increasing funding for projects attempting to help traumatised victims of political violence. The author argues that many of these projects are ill conceived, failing to recognise that one aim of modern warfare is the d ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:55
- Beyond the log frame: a new tool for examining health and peacebuilding initiatives
How do we move from identifying ethical principles to enhancing development practice? How can donors and NGOs move beyond the reporting of technical outputs to explore less tangible aspects of their health projects: contributions to rebuilding trust, prom ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:07
- Troublesome Border (revised edition)
Author: MartÍnez, Oscar J. Publisher: Tucson, University of Arizona Press, 20 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:54
- Aiding Violence: The Development Enterprise in Rwanda
Author: Uvin, Peter Issue: Volume 9, Number 4 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-22 08:35