Narrow down by keywords: Conflict and reconstruction
- Do No Harm: How Aid Can Support Peace - or War
Author: Anderson, Mary B. Issue: Volume 9, N ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-22 09:10
- Why Not Kill Them All? The Logic and Prevention of Mass Political Murder
Author: Chirot, Daniel and Clark McCauley Publisher: Princeton, NJ: Princeton ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-09 13:25
- Peace building: a literature review
A critical review of five contrasting publications on peace building, including the 2004 UN report A More Secure World. Author: Cutter, Ana ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:52
- Relief agencies and moral standing in war: principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and solidarity
The article explores the moral difficulties for international humanitarian workers operating as third parties in the midst of war. The main part examines current usage of the terms `humanity', `neutrality', `impartiality', and `solidarity' as they are use ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:57
- Kosovo: missed opportunities, lessons for the future
The growth in the number of 'small wars' has led to a proliferation of post-conflict reconstruction efforts. The experience in the Balkans with post-war reconstruction can provide a significant contribution to further learning, as much learning still need ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:10
- A Bed for the Night: Humanitarianism in Crisis
Author: Rieff, David Publisher: New York, NY: Simon and Schuster, 2003, ISBN: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:48
- Arms to Fight, Arms to Protect: Women Speak Out About Conflict
Author: Bennett, Olivia, Jo Bexley, and Kitty Warnock (eds.) Issue: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:25
- Listening to Iraqi refugee children in Jordan, but then what? Exploring the impact of participatory research with children
Following the American-led invasion of Iraq, thousands of Iraqis fled to Jordan and the international donor community initiated humanitarian assistance. Through a unique partnership, three organisations conducted participatory research with Iraqi childr ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2012-06-13 16:07
- Children of war in the Philippines: introducing Creative Process Therapy into the work of the Children's Rehabilitation Center in Davao City
Political armed conflict has important ramifications in the lives of children as individuals and in terms of social development more generally. However, the emotional problems faced by children during and after war or political violence are rarely conside ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:54
- Analysis and advocacy on a European policy on conflict prevention: a viewpoint
The author identifies three key weaknesses in the debate leading up to establishing the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) for the European Union (EU). The process started in 1996 and a generally useful and relevant discussion has taken place betwe ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:59