Narrow down by keywords: Conflict and reconstruction
- Risks and Reconstruction: Experiences of Resettlers and Refugees
Author: Cernea, Michael M.; McDowell, Christopher (eds.) Publisher: Washingto ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:51
- From Disaster Relief to Development
Author: Hagman, Gunnar Issue: Volume 2, Numb ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-07 13:45
- The World Bank's land of kiosks: Community Driven Development in Timor-Leste
The World Bank's Community Empowerment and Local Governance Project (CEP) was the key donor programme to assist with community reconstruction in a newly independent Timor-Leste. Commencing in 2000, the US$18 million project provided funds to over 400 loca ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:48
- Empowerment and Survival: Humanitarian Work in Civil Conflict (Part I)
This two-part article explores the experience of living and working for a poverty-focused NGO in a civil war whose roots lay in the chronically inequitable distribution of power and access to resources. Based on 12 years' work in Central America, principa ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:56
- Rethinking neo-liberal state building: building post-conflict development states
In attempting to rebuild post-conflict failed states, the international community has drawn heavily on neo-liberal development paradigms. However, neo-liberal state building has proved ineffectual in stimulating economic development in post-conflict state ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:09
- Women Building Peace: Sharing Know-How. Assessing Impact: Planning for Miracles
Author: El Bushra, Judy; Adrian-Paul, Ancil; Olson, Maria Publisher: London:In ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:47
- Political Gain and Civilian Pain; Humanitarian Impacts of Economic Sanctions
Author: Weiss, Thomas G., David Cortright, George A. Lopez, and Larry Minear (eds.) ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:24
- Warwick Conference on Humanitarianism
This article reports on the Warwick Conference on Humanitarianism, where practitioners and academics shared their experiences of the problems and limitations of humanitarianism, and how they dealt with them. ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2011-08-05 16:23
- Humanitarian trends and dilemmas
Author: Vaux, Tony Issue: Volume 16, Numbers ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:53
- Dismantling former Yugoslavia, recolonising Bosnia
Recent conflicts in the Balkans have been portrayed largely in terms of ethnic and religious divisions, with Western military and diplomatic intervention seen as essential to securing a positive outcome. However, these divisions are the consequence of a d ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:58