Narrow down by keywords: Conflict and reconstruction
- Drawing Development: Analysing local understandings of development in three Andean communities
This article shows how local understandings of development can be researched empirically by reference to experiences presented from three drawing workshops performed with children in the Ayacucho region in the Peruvian Andes. The children were asked to dr ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:09
- Civil War, Civil Peace
Author: Yanacopulos, Helen and Joseph Hanlon (eds.) Publisher: Milton Keynes: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:48
- Children: The Invisible Soldiers
Author: Brett, Rachel and Margaret McCallin Issue: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 13:05
- Understanding and responding to the links between conflict and hunger
Rising food prices in the late 2000s sparked protests, sometimes violent, around the globe. These public expressions of outrage were only the tip of the iceberg. Many countries have a legacy of food wars. In sub-Saharan Africa, at least 14 countries fac ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2011-08-15 15:52
- Memory, suffering, survival tactics, and healing among Jopadhola women in post-war Uganda
This ethnographic case study addresses the question of how women in Jopadhola patriarchal society in Eastern Uganda remember three decades of civil war and violence and survived its aftermath. When the war ended, little changed for these women, who are ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-10-28 18:34
- Guatemala: uncovering the past, recovering the future
The author gives a personal view of her experiences in Guatemala in 1995, when she met with human-rights workers coping with the aftermath, and ongoing trauma, of the 36-year war. She describes the fear and disruption brought about by so many years of mil ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:58
- Development, Women and War: Feminist Perspectives
Edited by: Eade, Deborah Edited by: Afshar, Haleh ...
Book - admin - 2009-12-21 16:30
- Global Governance and the New Wars
Author: Duffield, Mark Publisher: London and New York: ZED Books, 2001, ISBN: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:50
- Forced Migration: Policy Issues in the Post-Cold War World
Author: Rogers, Rosemarie and Emily Copeland Issue: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-22 08:41
- Who really protects civilians?
One could be forgiven for concluding from the current debate that the ‘protection of civilians’ is something ‘done to’ the passive recipients of international largesse. Whether the macro-level interventions of the UN Security Council or micro-level attemp ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:55