Narrow down by keywords: Conflict and reconstruction
- The State of the World’s Refugees 2000: Fifty Years of Humanitarian Action
Author: UNHCR Publisher: Oxford: OUP, 2000, ISBN: 0 19924 106 6, 340pp. ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:50
- Landmines: Legacy of Conflict -- A Manual for Development Workers
Author: McGrath, Rae Issue: Volume 4, Number ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 13:06
- Performance-based Partnership Agreements for the reconstruction of the health system in Afghanistan
Full-text sample article FREE from Taylor & Francis. The reconstruction of the health system in Afghanistan is in its early stages, and donors have proposed Performance-based Partnership Agreements (PPA) through which to subcontract the delivery of he ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:44
- Assisting survivors of war and atrocity: notes on `psycho-social' issues for NGO workers
NGOs are receiving and distributing increasing funding for projects attempting to help traumatised victims of political violence. The author argues that many of these projects are ill conceived, failing to recognise that one aim of modern warfare is the d ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:55
- Beyond the log frame: a new tool for examining health and peacebuilding initiatives
How do we move from identifying ethical principles to enhancing development practice? How can donors and NGOs move beyond the reporting of technical outputs to explore less tangible aspects of their health projects: contributions to rebuilding trust, prom ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:07
- Troublesome Border (revised edition)
Author: MartÍnez, Oscar J. Publisher: Tucson, University of Arizona Press, 20 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 12:54
- Aiding Violence: The Development Enterprise in Rwanda
Author: Uvin, Peter Issue: Volume 9, Number 4 ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-22 08:35
- World Conservation Congress 2008: Climate Change, Islands, and In-situ Conservation
The author participated in the IUCN World Conservation Congress (5-14 October 2008), both the Forum events and pre-selected Learning Sessions, including forest carbon inventory, and multilateral negotiations. The sessions highlighted the importance of m ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2010-02-25 16:27
- Annotated resources on peace building and post-war reconstruction
This annotated list highlights some 70 recent publications and organisations that focus primarily on what happens after rather than before or during armed conflict. Issues covered include the political, economic, and social aspects of post-war reconstruct ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:52
- Sustainable peace-building in the South: experiences from Latin America (Paper from Symposium)
While some recent conflicts have attracted international attention, other long-term conflicts with high accumulative death tolls have been relatively ignored. A decontextualised and partial view of conflict and violence is further encouraged by the separa ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:58