Narrow down by keywords: Conflict and reconstruction
- Evaluating International Humanitarian Action
Author: Wood, Adrian; Apthorpe, Raymond; Borton, John (Eds.) Publisher: London ...
Book review - admin - 2009-10-18 20:57
- The politics of emergency and the demise of the developing state: problems for humanitarian advocacy
This article discusses humanitarian advocacy in the contemporary world within the wider crisis of political vision. Humanitarian advocacy over the last 15 years has drawn attention to how crises have been precipitated by state policies and has sought inte ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:51
- Communal conflict, NGOs, and the power of religious symbols
This article describes the activities of an indigenous NGO in Ahmedabad, India in attempting to prevent communal violence. It attempts to explain why the use of religious symbols seems to be particularly potent in causing slum riots. Finally, it discusses ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:57
- The `sex war' and other wars: towards a feminist approach to peace-building
For more than a decade, resolutions from the UN and the European Commission have highlighted women's suffering during wars, and the unfairness of their treatment upon the return to peace. Yet the injustices and the hypocrisy continue. Women are reified as ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 18:10
- States, Scarcity and Civil Strife in the Developing World
Author: Kahl, Colin H. Publisher: Princeton and Oxford: Princeton University P ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-07 13:20
- From Massacres to Genocide: The Media, Public Policy and Humanitarian Crises
Author: Rotberg, Robert I. and Thomas G. Weiss Issue: ...
Book review - admin - 2009-12-17 13:09
- Corporate social responsibility performance in the Niger Delta: beyond two constitutive orthodoxies
Against the background of attempts to explain the poor Corporate social responsibility (CSR) performance of transnational oil corporations in the Niger Delta in the context of flawed approaches, processes and inadequate CSR packages, this paper contests ...
Abstract - dwardle - 2011-08-16 11:08
- Women, resistance and development: a case study of Dangs, India
Studies on resistance often overlook its gendered nature. This article looks at everyday resistance put up by village women against the Forest Department in Western India, within a historical context. It then examines recent attempts at organised resistan ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:53
- Tensions in the psychosocial discourse: implications for the planning of interventions with war-affected populations
Fundamental conceptual tensions underlie current debates regarding the implementation of psychosocial interventions with war-affected populations. Three particular tensions structuring current discourse concern the generalisability versus uniqueness of re ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-09-30 17:58
- Development, Women and War: Preface
Author: Eade, Deborah Page: 1 ...
Abstract - admin - 2009-10-01 09:58